U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

Does taking humatrope (human growth hormone) injections lead to better life quality?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jenny Sung
Pediatrics 26 years experience
For short stature?: If used for short stature, then it depends on how the person feel about the height that might be gained from the drug. If being less short (results can vary) will make the person feel more positive about him/herself then that's better quality of life for him/her. The drug is not without serious side effects and is expensive, so a serious discussion is needed before starting.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 40-year-old member asked:

Will I have a better life quality taking humatrope (human growth hormone) injections?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Internal Medicine 52 years experience
No.: Life gets better if there is a medical problem which can be repaired or corrected with a medicine that either replaces what is deficient, or a medicine that stimulates the body in such a way that it allows the body to heal itself. The present and potential healing properties within all of us are extraordinary powerful; very often nature needs a nudge.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
What happens if humatrope (human growth hormone) gets frozen?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
What's the interaction between HGH and humatrope (human growth hormone)?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
How long it will take to grow on humatrope (human growth hormone) growth hormones?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
What number of iu's of humatrope (human growth hormone) should I take weekly. I weigh 170 pounds.?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Mar 11, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.