U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I had a c - section six months ago i feel lower abdominal cramps like period pains went for scan they say uterus is enlarged.what could be the cause ?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See your doctor: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Be seen: You could have several things, be seen for an exam and diagnosis. It could be be a hematoma, infection, or other things.
Dr. Daniel Lee
Obstetrics and Gynecology 21 years experience
Needs further eval: An enlarged uterus can be due to multiple things such as uterine fibroids and adenomyosis. You need to be seen by an ob/gyn, preferably the one that did your cesarean.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.