how can i improve my vision and overall eye health?

Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Vision/ eye health: Glasses, contact lenses or laser eye surgery; regular eye checkups; daily multivitamin; no smoking.

I'm getting some pressure under the eye and I see a small flash in my vision when I blink?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Many things: Eye pressure can be from many things, like dry eyes, and sinusitis. Seeing flashing lights is a possible indication of your vitreous detaching which can sometimes cause retinal tears or detachments. Please see your eye doctor as soon as you can.

What are some basic ways to improve eye health and vision?

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology 39 years experience
Sunglasses, diet: Easiest and most simple ways to protect your eye health are: 1). Protect your eyes from potential injury with safety glasses when working with tools, or for paintball, racquet sports etc. 2). Wear sunglasses when in bright light for extended periods. 3). Eat a healthy diet with lots of vegetables, spinach, etc. 4). Have regular eye exams by an ophthalmologist.

What can I do to improve eye health and vision?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Good lifestyle: Heredity plays a dominant role but if you eat well, exercise and visit your ophthalmologist regularly, you will maximize your changes to maintain good eye health and vision.

Can being hit in the eye improve your vision?

Dr. Sadiqa Stelzner
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Depends: Anyone with eye needs to see an ophthalmologist asap. On very rare incident if the injury changes the shape of cornea it may alter the refractive error or astigmatism which may cause improvement of the vision. The bottom line is the person needs to see her/his ophthalmologist.

I got punched hard in the head direct like drive thru the eye socket im blurry visioned and scared

Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology 20 years experience
I : I recommend that you seek the attention of an ophthalmologist (eye physician & surgeon). Direct injury to the head and around the eyes may cause potential manifestations, such as injury to the internal structures of the eye, fractures of bones that make up the eye socket, and glaucoma that may result in permanent loss of vision without medical attention.

Last updated Aug 9, 2014