I broke a bone in my hand almost 2 years ago and didn't bother to see a doctor. is it too late to see a doctor now?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Possibly: If there is no redness, pain, or swelling at the fracture site, the bone most probably healed without problems. However, if there is loss of function or any of the above symptoms/signs, a doc can evaluate, decide whether an x-ray is warranted, and whether further treatment is necessary or possible.
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Hand Surgery 25 years experience
No: As long as the bone heals without much deformity, there is probably no reason to see a doctor. If you have loss of motion, or continued pain at the fracture, you should see a hand surgeon. If the bone has failed to heal, or has healed in a bad position, surgery can still be helpful to correct the problem, even at 2 years.

Last updated Mar 19, 2014