will bacitracin help nasal polyps?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Farhad Sigari
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
No: Bacitracin is an antibiotic. Nasal polyps are a manifestation of allergic disease not a result of infection. I would recommend you seek treatment with an ENT or an allergist for the proper treatment.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. Nick Debnath
No: In fact, Bacitracin has been known to cause a foreign body complication in the nose and ear: myospherulosis. I do not recommend it for my patients inside the nose.
Answered on Jul 31, 2014
1
1
Dr. Robert Stachler
31 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
I usually have no problem with using bacitracin in the nose I use it for moisturing the nose. It will never get rid of polyps but will help the crusting down. You can also use a water based ointment like Ayr nasal saline gel. Anti Inflammatory medications are the only useful medications for polyps.
Sep 8, 2013
Dr. Bernstein Joel
60 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Unlikely: A nasal polyp is an inflammatory growth. A;though S. aureus may be a potential cause. it is unlikely to eradicate the polyp once it is formed.
Answered on Jul 31, 2014
Dr. Gregory Cowan
13 years experience Pediatric Allergy and Asthma
Probably not: Usual medical treatment for nasal polyps is intranasal steroids or oral steroids. Surgery is an option, but polyps tend to recur.
Answered on Apr 7, 2018
1