I had a some sort of allergic reaction last week where my face and eyes swelled. How can I figure out what causes it ?

Dr. Bhavin Patel
24 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
See an allergist: If this was a one time reaction, then you may not be able to tell what caused it. However, if is an ongoing problem, then seek the help of a board certified allergist to help you find the cause of this problem.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013
1
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
32 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Swelling around the eyes is a fairly common area as are the lips and tongue. Agree with above; an allergist can review many different potential triggers and perhaps even test for specific triggers in an effort to prevent this from happening again.
Jan 20, 2013