U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old female asked:

How to treat broken and irritated skin under somach fold?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Adam Bodian
Dermatology 36 years experience
Try this mixture: Go to the drug store and buy 1% Hydrocortisone cream and Clotrimazole cream. Rub them both into the affected area 2 x each day (it doesn't matter which cream you rub in first, then just rub the second right into the first for 30 seconds). This should do the trick. If there is no, little or worsening, then you have to go see a dermatologist.

Similar questions

A member asked:

What can I use to treat irritated skin at the periteium?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 47 years experience
Pramasone: Assuming there is no infection, a topical anesthetic such as pramoxine combined with a weak steroid such as in prams one can be used in that area. Sits baths will soothe the area.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.