U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

Any treatment for haflf deaf (left ear) caused by pendred syndrom?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Do you have this??: I introduced the topic in my last response, but it's a rare disorder. You need genetic testing if 1) you have sensorineural hearing loss and 2) an underactive thyroid gland. First you need to know which type of hearing loss you have and whether your thyroid gland function is normal. An ENT physician can address both issues to start. If pendred is suspected, endocrinology or genetics is next.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.