U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old member asked:

I dislocated middle finger sprained index how can i get rid of the swelling?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
28 years experience
Go to an ER: The best thing to do is to be check at a local er. You could have a fracture, the finger could still be dislocated or your could only have a contusion. Best recommendation is go see a doctor and be sure about what is going on with your fingers. If the fracture/dislocation was treated properly, and the joint is stable, the best way is with rom or therapy. If possible get you a hand therapist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me what it's like to sprain your ankle or dislocate your finger?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
What's a good way to check if my finger is broken, dislocated, jammed, or sprained?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
How could i know if a finger is dislocated or sprained?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.