Meadville, PA

I had a penicillin allergic reaction about 3 weeks ago and i feel like my skin has become a lot more sensitive. is that normal?

Dr. Lily Hwang
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 18 years experience
May be normal: Depending on what kind of reaction to penicillin you had, 3 weeks out from a reaction, it may be reasonable for your skin to still feel more sensitive. Usually this occurs in patients with delayed type reaction to penicillin. If you still feel that you are having symptoms you should see the doctor that diagnosed your penicillin allergy. You may need medications to help calm your skin.

Last updated Jun 8, 2015