Urinary tract infection- is it related to lupus?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 47 years experience
No: A lupus patient could get a urinary tract infection and high dose steroids would lower your immune system. And possibly increase the chances of a urinary tract infection. The infection must be treated with appropriate antibiotics and the steroid dose has tobe lowered when possible with the addition of steroidsparing drugs such as plaquenil, (hydroxychloroquine) atabrine, etc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Rheumatology 26 years experience
Maybe: I assume that you have lupus (sle). Sle patients are more prone toward infections. This is due to the disease and some of the medications used to treat it. Sle does not directly cause inflammation of the urinary tract or cause urinary tract infections, however.