Ghana

At what age should one start adult immunization after the childhood immunization?

Depends on situation: The rather routine adult immunizations include a yearly flu shot, a tetanus shot every 10 years and other specific vaccines based on age or situation. The preferred tetanus shot for a booster now boosts whooping cough & diphtheria & is known as the tdap. Some of my patients have their last tdap ar 17-19 so they would be do for a booster 10 yrs later.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Diamond
As needed: The simple answer is whatever is recommended.For example a tetanus booster is every 7-10 years after the last.If you need the pneumonia shot and you are the right age, do it now.