A member asked:

I have noticed a mildew smell in my house this last week i am not sure where it is coming from. i thought it wpuld go away but it hasnt and i have a 4 year old that im worries will get sick. how long does it usually take to affect someone and for how long

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Victoria Wang answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Best to remove mold.: The mildew smell is a sign of mold growth in your home and high concentrations of mold can cause sinus, lung, or skin problems. Mold also will proliferate if not removed. Not every one will become allergic to molds, but the higher the concentration of exposure, the greater the chance of a reaction. Do your best to eradicate the mold asap.

Answered 3/21/2014

5.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question