is it normal not to gain any weight at all when you have been pregnant for 5 months?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See below: Most weight gain occurs after 20 weeks.

Will I gain weight in pregnancy?

Yes: Women gain weight during pregnancy. There is a normal range of weight gain that a pregnant woman and her doctor can talk about. Too much or too little weight gain are not good. Exception: possibly, an obese woman (from overeating) could get pregnant and then start eating properly, and lose "fat" weight at the same rate that she gains "pregnancy" weight, thus appearing to not to gain any weight.
Orlando, FL

Scared to gain weight while pregnant I am 5 months right now what are some exercises that are ok to do at the gym also what can I eat to not gain to ?

Dr. Barbara Toppin
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
See your MD: It is normal to gain weight during pregnancy and is necessary for the groath of the fetus. How much you gain will depend on your prepregnancy weight, height and general structure. You need to have a frank conversation about your concerns with your md.

I'm four months pregnant, but can't seem to gain any weight--what should I do?

Dr. Alan Patterson
What did your OB say: U shoudl be asking that to your ob, you can be referred to a dietician to get you on a wt gaining diet and your OB can do a workup to make sure nothing strange is going on.
Hayward, CA

When you're pregnant is it possible to not gain any weight? Are there any hazards with this type of situation if so?

Dr. Masoud Sadighpour
Abnormal?: It means that you are losing weight. A normal 9 months pregnancy on average should be accompanied with 20 pounds of weight gain.

Do i need to gain weight during pregnancy?

There are some : Situations in which a woman does not gain weight during pregnancy - especially if she has significant problems holding down food or she is morbidly obese. But please don't enter into a pregnancy with a plan not to gain weight. This would be unhealthy for you and your baby.