What is dermatopathology?

Dr. Bryan Wu
Dr. Bryan Wuanswered
Pathology 22 years experience
Microscopic study: Dermatopathology is a subspecialty that focuses on the study of skin disorders at a microscopic and molecular level. Dermatopathologists are specialized in dermatology or anatomic pathology before subspecializing in dermatopathology. The most common type of work is studying skin biopsies or excisions under a microscope following histologic processing of the tissue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 49 years experience
Dermatopathology: The clinical presentation and the histopathologic presentation of a skin lesion are two manifestations of the same pathologic process. Dermatopathology is the study of the microscopic presentation of a disease process. It is used as an aid in diagnosis in order to guide therapy for the patient.