i sprained my left foot last week. however, three days after the sprain, it stopped hurting. is that normal? when can i go back to my dancing?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bac Nguyen
It was mild..: Mild sprain and heal very quickly especially when you are young and healthy. So, be very happy that you foot only bothered you for 3 days--you are lucky as often foot/ankle sprains take longer to heal. Since you are not having pain any more, you can resume dancing, try out some gentle movements first to see how it feels..If no pain, enjoy your dancing. Good luck.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
1
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Sure it's : Normal, just means it wasn't such a severe sprain. If you have no pain on walking and during range of motion sounds like you can test out the foot to see if it will hold up while dancing. You may want to wear an ankle brace to be cautious.
Answered on Oct 7, 2012
1