What are the survival statistics for breast cancer invasive ductal carcinoma?

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Depends: There are many factors needed to know, not just the cell type . It depends on tumor size, lymph node status, and possible dna cell type evaluation. Need to review all the reports with your oncologist to get accurate information on the expected results with proper treatments.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
It depends on many f: Most women with localized breast cancer do very well and there is high cure rate. Overall 75%-80% of breast cancers are curable. But you need to know what stage of cancer it is? You should also know what subtype(there are 3 different types) of breast cancer it is. Further there is the matter of what type of adjuvant therapy(post surgery treatment) was used. I'am sure your oncologist can answeryr.