My wife was just diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma stage 2 breast cancer. what can you tell me about this kind of cancer?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
Palpable lesion: Stage II breast cancer indicates a slightly more advanced form of breast cancer. The cancer cells have spread beyond the original location and into the surrounding breast tissue, and the tumor is larger than in stage I disease. However, stage II means the cancer has not spread to a distant part of the body. At resection the lymph nodes were neg and treatment standard depending on hormone status.

Last updated Oct 31, 2014