what could be the cause of pains in the chest and back?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See below: Several thing, some of them serious. See your doctor.

I keep getting pains in my upper right back and sometimes chest area. Should i see a doctor?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care 25 years experience
Yes: A good primary md will be able to obtain a full history and examine you and determine what studies you may need or which specialist you may need to see. Many causes of your symptoms are common(muscle strain, gas pain, gall stones, reflux, etc). Other causes are more worrisome (heart pain). Only with a good history and physical will an md be able to help you differentiate serious from less so.

Sharp and quick pains in my chest and left side of back. Odd symptoms lasting over a week, help?

Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Muscular: If you have family history or family history of heart problems? Do you smoke?
Loganville, GA

What is it when you have pains in the center of your chest and pains on the back spreading out under the ribs?

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Rheumatology 48 years experience
stress, ulcers...: Stress, ulcer, pleural irritation can cause this.
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Allergy and Immunology 34 years experience
There are many serious medical conditions that could cause this type of pain, urgent care evaluation is suggested ASAP
Oct 21, 2013
South Africa

I have pains on the left side of my chest......and also the back of my waist.....what could be the problem....thanks!

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Pulmonary Critical Care 36 years experience
This may or may not: be serious. Chest pain is always something that should never wait. You should check with your doc ASAP. Unless you think you should go to the emergency room. Good luck and all the best
Australia

When lying flat on back left rib protrudes much more than right side rib have been having left side breastbone pains related? Serious?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Maybe ok: Asymmetry of the rib cage is not unusual and often there is flaring out of the lower part of the ribs. Your discomfort should be evaluated by your physician, however. It may be costochondritis which is an inflammation of the cartilage between the sternum and a connecting rib. This is usually a tender spot and is most likely unrelated to the asymmetry of the lower rib cage.

Last updated Nov 2, 2012