my arms are going numb and tingling a lot. i'm 21 weeks and i had this with my first two pregnancies. what causes it?

Dr. Christopher Sizemore
Arm numbness: Sounds like carpel tunnel syndrome. It is fairly common in pregnancy due to swelling in the hands. It is caused by compression of a nerve as it passes from the wrist into the hand. Often worse in the dominant hand but can be in both hands. Can wake you up at night when the hands feel like they are "asleep". Will likely go away after delivery. Try wearing thumb spica splints at night.
Dr. Gary Pess
Hand Surgery 40 years experience
Carpal Tunnel : Pain, numbness, tingling, weakness and night pain are the most common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. It can increase with progressive pregnancies. http://www.centraljerseyhand.com/carpal-tunnel-syndrome.htm.