Grants Pass, OR

I twisted my ankle in july and its still swelling up and giving me pain and hurts bad to walk on it should i go the hospital?

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
DM Care, Wound Care, Surgeries 20 years experience
See a doctor: You should go see a podiatrists or orthopedist so that they can x-ray and make sure bones are not broken. If it was a severe ankle sprain, it will take sometime for it to recover. If it is a recurrent sprain, sometimes you may develop blood clots in the ligaments and they do not heal as well. So all of this will cause swelling in your ankle.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 30 years experience
No: Unless you meant the ambulatory unit. Your condition is not an emergency and you should follow up at a podiatrist or orthopedist.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016