Macomb, MI

I just got my blood tests back and it show my iron saturation % is a 9 and the norm is 15-55. my other iron levels seem to b in the norm.i am tired!?

Pathology 45 years experience
Early warning: Your physcian will sort out early iron deficiency, which produces tiredness before it produces anemia, and its mimcs which include the effects of chronic inflammation. If you are not a woman having fairly heavy periods or a zealous blood donor or on a seriously deficient diet, and you are iron deficient, it's also key to find why -- where are you losing blood, is it from serious disease?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: Abnormal blood loss, especially from bleeding in the intestine needs to be ruled out. Do follow your doctor's advice. Wish you good health!
Last updated Dec 15, 2019