Alvin, TX

I am 57 years old. the edge of my left foot, just under the little toe, is sticking out more than normal and is tender. ithink the problem started a few months ago. what should ido?

Dr. Marybeth Crane
Podiatry 28 years experience
Tailor's bunion: Sounds like a tailor's bunion which is a bone growth or prominence of the 5th metatarsal head or knuckle on the outside of your foot. It could also be capsulitis or another type of growth. Time for a podiatry appointment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 32 years experience
Sounds like...: A " tailors bunion" which is a bunion on the baby toe side of foot. Actually, it is the head of the 5th metatarsal that is prominent in this case. See podiatrist for diagnosis and treatment. In meantime, wear wide, comfortably fitting shoes.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Tailors: Bunion. This is a common foot problem. I suggest you see a podiatrist.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See below: You may have developed a tailors bunion. See a podiatrist for evaluation.
Last updated Mar 17, 2017