France

I was prescribed concerta for my add. i'm concerned about weight loss. how much am i likely to lose if i'm at a healthy weight for my height ?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
It depends: It depends on what u eat and how mu h u eat and how much u exersize.
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Likely little: I agree with dr. Amawi. I would say in the vast majority of my adult patients treated with Concerta there is very in the way of sustained weight loss. Most seem to adapt to the medication and maintain a weight very near their weight before starting the medication. Be sure to express your concern to the prescribing physician you can monitor the weight change.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Disappointed: Most adult women who take Concerta (or any other stimulant for that matter) for adhd are disappointed they don't lose weight like their kids do. Some patients who overeat impulsively will lose an appropriate amount of weight. But that's about it. Adults usually require lower stimulant doses than children by weight to achieve normalcy, and their metabolism is slower so less weight loss.

Last updated May 7, 2016