ME

Are my symptoms all in my head? i went to get a cbc in february and everything came back fine. i still feel tired, bruise easily, and have horrible shortness of breath for no reason. could leukemia have developed between now and then? should i get a secon

Dr. James Gulley
Hematology and Oncology 26 years experience
Get checked again: You should go right away to get a check of your complete blood count. Leukemias can arise very quickly and often occur in younger people. Your bruising may be due to low platelets and your shortness of breath may be due to low hemoglobin.
Pathology 44 years experience
This is very good advice. Symptoms are NEVER "all in your head." Especially if you are short of breath and bruising easily! Good luck -- if this is leukemia or something similar, you have many treatment options and reasons to be hopeful.
Sep 20, 2012

Last updated May 4, 2021