I was diagnosed with subacute thyroiditis. i have gone through the hyperthyroidism stage and now think i am in the normal stage but wondered how long before i see a change into the hypothyroidism stage. my t3 and t4 are in "normal" range but my tsh is ve

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Incomplete question: If the TSH is high, even tough T3 (liothyronine) and T4 are normal, some physicians will put the person on replacement thyroid medication. In any case, you need to keep in touch with your doctor and follow your thyroid test results on a regular basis. You should also discuss screening for other endocrine disorders, with your doctor.

Answered 4/2/2016

5.6k views

Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

DeQuervain's?: This is a self-limited, common disease that generally self-cures and requires little or no treatment. I'm sorry you had to endure the unpleasantness of hyperthyroidism briefly; if your physician is agreeable, the best thing to do right now is let the thyroid regenerate itself under the gentle control of the extra tsh.

Answered 10/15/2020

5.6k views