Lake City, FL

my husband broke his foot and ankle and now he has lil brown spts on the bottom of that foot what is it?

Dr. Marybeth Crane
Podiatry 27 years experience
Hemosiderin spots: After a fracture and a lot of swelling, hemosiderin (which is the stuff in a red blood cell that makes it red) can deposit in the skin causing brown spots. If they itch or are thickened i would seek the opinion of a dermatologist.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Oftentimes when : There is trauma there may be small blood vessels that break. These may "stain" the skin when the blood leaks out. Sometimes, this can simply be excessively dried skin. Which when moisturized, magically disappears. Any question or concern you have should be asked and or shown to your doctor.
Dr. Kelvin Barry
Podiatry 17 years experience
Old Blood: Probably from pooling of blood that occurred with fracture. The iron form the red blood cells can get out into the tissue and leave brown/black spots. It can also itch. Does it itch?