I have recently found that i have a lump on the right side of my throat i don t have one on the left side which worries me a little i do smoke roughly 1 to 2packs a day and i a 23 years old i don t have a sore throat but i do have some swelling around the

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Andy Chung answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Asymmetry in the mouth, throat or neck in a setting of tobacco use should warrant an ENT examination to ensure that this "lump" is correctly diagnosed. Cancer is a possibility along with infection or other non cancerous masses. Please get medical attention quickly!

Answered Dec 9, 2016

5.6k views

Dr. David Astrachan answered

Even though it may be "nothing"you need to see a doctor and have it checked. Two packs of cigarettes a day is insane for a young healthy person. You should use this as a wake up call and stop smoking. Even if this lump turns out to be nothing and you continue to smoke like this you are absolutely going to cause yourself health problems at some point in the future including cancer heart disease stroke and any other number of issues.

Answered Apr 2, 2014

5.6k views