A member asked:

24 male i have pimple marks on my face and deep scares and black head can u suggest any cream to get rid of them? i am from india please help

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Carla Enriquez answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Cratered acne: Ice-pick scars from acne require deep skin treatment as provided by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Laser treatment may help. There are no topical creams or ablatives that will help.

Answered 12/13/2013


Dr. Mark Johnson answered

Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine

Ice pick acne scars: Yes, i quite agree. I find fractional ablation with an erbium laser followed by a superficial application of prp to provide the best results. However, a series of peels, preferably with a salicylic acid component to control inflammation, can also provide dramatic improvement.

Answered 10/3/2016



Related Questions