Rapid City, SD

I have acne and have tried retin a (tretinoin) and clearasil and proactive but they didn't work. my friend used accutane and have perfect skin should i take it ?

Consult a Dermatogis: Accutane is available & a med i believe should only be prescribed by a dermatologist after they have decided you meet criteria for its use. This strong med also has some interesting side effects & is so toxic to fetuses that women can't use it unless they are on multiple forms of birth control & sign a waver.Set up an appointment with a dermatologist & explore your options. Knowledge is power.
Pathology 44 years experience
Dr. Ferguson is giving you good advice. Isotretinoin has been a tremendous blessing to millions of teens, but it is not for the faint-hearted or those who will not follow rules. Before trying this, your personal physician may be able to cure you with a milder prescription-strength Rx.
Apr 13, 2014
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
A dermatologist will help you. You have other options to try, but Accutane will rescue you is they fail. But you have not yet had much treatment. A DR must be specially registered on I LPEDGE to prescribe it. It is a closely regulated med.
Dec 24, 2014

Last updated Jul 23, 2020