Moline, IL

I was recently had an accident on my bilke and skinned my upper lip, how long can it take to regrow the hair? if it does regrow.

Not long, but...: Depending on the severity of the injury, hair should not take long to regrow. It should start growing out in a few days for mild scrapes, and a week or so for moderate scrapes. If the scrape is pretty severe, the damage at the time of injury, the inflammation afterwards, and the whole healing process, might be to much for the little hair follicles... In which case the hair won't return.
Dr. James Shire
Facial Plastic Surgery 40 years experience
Depends: It depends on how deep the abrasion was. If the injury extended into the reticular dermis the hair follicles may be damaged and the hair will not return. If it above the papillary dermis the hair will come back.

Last updated Feb 6, 2019