U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

White patches and dark spots on face?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Difficult to tell: Skin issues are extremely difficult to evaluate without actually seeing the skin up close. As such, it is best for you to see your doctor or dermatologist if you are concerned about any ongoing skin spots.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 16-year-old female asked:

I have dark patches on my face?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 42 years experience
May be normal: It can be normal for dark skin patients to have irregular discoloration of their skin. It is also possible you have melasma which is caused by the sun plus the hormones in your body. This is usually treated with bleaching creams and sun screens.
A member asked:

How to face be white when apear dark?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
A number of Rx: Hydroquinone is one of the more common and effective treatments for hyperpigmentation, but there are other alternatives: tretinoin (Retin-A) creams, corticosteroid, azelaic or glycolic acid. They certainly can be applied only in selected areas. Your best approach is to work with a good dermatologist...and to vigilantly wear sun block! Good wishes:)
A 19-year-old member asked:

How can I reduce dark spots on the face ?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology 29 years experience
Many options: There are many options including using topical creams such as bleaching creams (hydroquinone, kojic acid, elure), microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, salicylic acid peels, chemical peels, lasers (noninvasive lasers such as ktp laser work the best with least side-effects, ruby, alexandrite, nd:yag lasers), invasive lasers (co2, erbium, fractional co2, fraxel), ipl (intense pulsed light).

Related questions

A 21-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 23-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Feb 16, 2020

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.