Canada

My dr. recommended vinegar & water for my ear infection. even tho i have it at room temp, i get extremely dizzy afterwards.why?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Try warming it.: For my patients i suggest a solution of vinegar and alcohol for mild swimmers ear. You might try warming the solution by holding it in your hands for 5minutes. Cold solution in your ear will cause most people to get dizzy.
Position sensors: The hoop like semicircular structures of your inner ear help tell you where your body is in space & maintain balance, etc. If you are instilling a fluid into your ear at room temperature it will cause the position sensors to go haywire(and make you dizzy). Heating the mix to about body temperature should stop the symptoms.

Last updated Sep 7, 2019