Collierville, TN

Would you put the appendix in this category? i have had thyroid and appendix cancer w/ ovarian involvement and my father died of pancreatic cancer.

Dr. Nela Cordero
APPENDIX: Appendicitis is a surgical case and once removed you are ok. Cancer of the thyroid with ovarian involvement needs constant follow up and more therapy needed. It depends on early DX and tx.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgical Oncology 19 years experience
Not related: I am not familiar with any genetic syndromes that involve appendiceal, thyroid, and pancreatic cancer. Now, if the appendix was actually ovarian cancer that spread to the appendix, a mutation in the brca gene could account for the ovarian and pancreatic cancer. Talk it over with your oncologist, and stay up to date on your cancer screening.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014