U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old female asked:

Im a her2 stage 3 breast cancer parient . i have already finished my herceptin (trastuzumab) what would be the next medication would i take as maintenance medicine?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Follow oncologist: Oncologists always keep up with current trends, make sure you follow their advise advisable to take zometa, it will help osteoporosis , even menopausal woman will have this problem. Zometa found to be helpful in preventing sre ( skeletal related events fracture muscle joint problems, ) also prevent risk of bone metastasis in 17 %.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
It depends on your b: There are many medicines used to treat breast cancer. Besides herceptin, (trastuzumab) your doctor may prescribe chemotherapy or hormonal therpy depending on the subtype of breast cancer that you have. Hormonal therpies are used for er+ cancers....So check if your tumor wass er+ or er-. Ask you oncologist to address this question.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.