should homosexuality be re-classified as a lifestyle disorder?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine 43 years experience
No: Homosexuality is not a disorder. It's also not a lifestyle. For people who are gay or lesbian, being attracted to someone of the same sex is normal. It's not something that needs fixing. Years ago, homosexuality was classified as a psychiatric disorder, but this is no longer the case. Human beings have a wide range of sexual desires that are completely normal between consenting adults.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Other perspective:: 1) being pregnant, or gay/lesbian/bisexual, is not a "disorder." 2) the term "lifestyle" has been used to devalue g/l/b individuals. It's been used to communicate: they're deviants - not [straight] like us! but they could choose to be like us!" if u've always identified as straight, did u choose to be? See http://bit.Ly/yct87g.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Misinformed?: No. You yourself may have it wrong. Sexuality is a human trait designed by our genetics. We may not understand how genes play a role, but a trait is something such as right or left handed ness. Homosexuality is found in every sexual species in nature. It is natural. It is not unnatural nor is it a disorder.