is tap water safe?

Dr. Marion Mcfarland
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
If tested: Generally itis safe in most modern cities but if from well water or a 3rd world country it can be risky.
Dr. David Schleimer
Maybe: The quality of tap water is dependent upon the geographic location and the laws governing the acceptability of certain levels of bacterial or other pathogenic contents. In general it is safe in the usa, but other countries may have very different standards they allow. All naturally occurring water has levels of bacteria, however chlorine or other additives may make it safe for human consumption.