U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

what skin diseases can stress cause?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 32 years experience
Skin dis./Stress: Some common ones are eczema & psoriasis.
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 47 years experience
Stress: Stress directly affects the immune system. The immune system is involved in many skin diseases, thus stress can affect many diseases. Psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea are a few.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 29-year-old member asked:

Does smokeless tobacco carry a high risk of mouth cancer?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Any use of tobacco increases the risk of cancer, at multiple sites in the body.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 39-year-old member asked:

What could cause the left side of my jaw to lock up after catching a cold a few days ago?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
TMJ disorder: A locked jaw is usually due to a temporomandibular joint that is injured or displaced. This could happen when you are ill from clenching too much, or a wide yawn if you already have aproblem with the joint. Go see an ent. If severe a few days of a steroid will help, then you may need an occlusion splint made by a dentist.
A 37-year-old member asked:

What might a patch of painful red skin be due to?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Inflammation: Inflammation of some type. If it doesn't heal, you should visit your doctor.
A 45-year-old member asked:

Where can I purchase mouth guards for grinding teeth?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry 15 years experience
Mouth guards: Almost every dentist can make you a custom mouth guard. You shouldn't buy a mouth guard that is not made for you specifically or it can cause problems. Just like one size fits all shoes aren't a good idea.

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Oct 14, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.