A member asked:

How can you treat a sebaceous cyst or skin trauma in the vaginal area?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Keller answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Lots of things cause cysts. A true sebaceous cyst usually needs excision. Have it examined. Warm compresses help every 2-4 hours. Sitz baths (fill tub with warm water and soak) will help. Skin trauma is different. Can be caused by sex, tampons or infection. If its from sex, use a lubricant during intercourse to keep from drying out. But, really, get it looked at.

Answered Nov 28, 2017


Dr. Otto Placik answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

This may be a lesion called a bartholin's cyst which should be treated by your gynecologist. It could also be another lesion such as a mucous cyst or other entity.

Answered Sep 28, 2016



Related Questions

A member asked:

How can I get rid of a sebaceous cyst on my jaw line under my skin?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor