A member asked:

I play soccer regularly and have felt pain just below my knee caps on both sides... its increasing with every game and i have a long season ahead.?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jimmy Bowen answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

How old are you? If you are skeletally mature the most common problem in that area is patellar tendinitis or tendinosis. If just starting an antiinflammatory for 5 days and icing can help. If longer than 6 weeks probably not inflamed. See a sports medicine physician for a good kinetic chain eval and advise on treatment.

Answered Dec 3, 2018



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor