U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old female asked:

I have stomach pain when i eat, i have had blood work, urine test, ct of abdomen, ultra sound of the gall bladder and liver, everything is ok, what should i try next

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
ENdoscoped?: Depending on the nature and duration of your discomfort, endoscopy might be in order. It's also worth remembering that gluten enteropathy has many different presentations and is extremely common.
Dr. Robert Greer
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Eat more slowly.: A frequent cause of GI distress soon after eating is "aerophagia"; the swallowing of air whilst eating.Try exhaling before ingesting
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Good job Dr. Greer. I feel a little dim for not thinking of this. Thanks!!!!
Aug 29, 2012
Dr. Mark Dickson
General Surgery 24 years experience
See a surgeon: You can still have gallbladder disease with a normal GB ultrasound. Sometimes a HIDA nuclear scan can diagnose it. A surgeon can help you sort it out.
Last updated Jan 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.