Birmingham, AL

I had a pelvic ultrasound and was told i should get results within 1 week. the radiologist is in the same office as my gyn. why does it take a week?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Not sure: I am sure the ultrasound has been read, so please call your gyn office and find out the result.
Dr. Casey Younkin
Waiting for old pix?: They may be waiting for your previous ultrasound pictures to arrive, if you had any.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Need to review: It takes a week or more to correlate with your clinical findings. Admit it, you don't just want to know what was seen; you also want to know what the next step is, options, and what the worse case scenario is. This deserves time to review. Let your doc get the report, review the images if needed, discuss with the radiologist if needed, & then formulate a plan. Believe it or not, this takes time.

Last updated May 11, 2019