Scottsboro, AL

Im getting no where with my sons ped. bdcause the lab they use takes 10-14 days. his fever keeps getting higher by the day. he has red blood in his stoll but no hemeroids. is it time to just go to the er? we live in a small town so the big hospitals are 4

Maybe: Depending on what the whole picture is, fever by itself can be a mild, medium, or major problem. Blood in stool can vary from a drop to a lot, with different potential causes (and may or may not be serious). If a child looks ill or acts ill, trips to the er may be needed. That's because the illness will change over a few days, and needs to be rechecked to see if it is getting worse or going away.
Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Fever/blood in stool: I hope there are some stool tests ordered. I think it is time to go to ED and get him checked out again. He may have a bacterial bowel infection which may explain the symptoms you have mentioned. Good luck

Last updated Sep 29, 2016