my 18 year old son was having some stomach pain while working out (xc) and the coach sent him to see the school's physical therapist. the pt noticed that my son had a strong heart pulse left of the belly button and suggested that he see a doctor for a po

Dr. Craig Carter
39 years experience Thoracic Surgery
Get checked out: Depending on a persons body build, the aorta may be easily felt. A simple test may be an ultrasound to evaluate the size of the aorta or to look for look for problems, such as an aortic dissection (tear in the lining of the aorta). Better to get it checked and find nothing wrong rather than ignoring it and worrying.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
11