U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pleasanton, CA
A 32-year-old female asked:

I have ibs, fatigue, sores in the corner of my mouth, and very itchy skin. should i get checked for celiac disease?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Can check lab tests: A person who has signs of celiac disease, or is very worried she may have it, can see her primary care doctor or her GI specialist to get a lab test ordered. If the test is positive for celiac disease, she can go on a gluten-free diet. If the test is negative, but she still wants to try a gluten-free diet anyway, she can do a 1-2 month trial off all gluten and watch what happens.
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 44 years experience
HIV: You could have HIV infection. See your dermatologist for the answer. You may also need evaluation from a gastroenterologist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 19, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.