My child has red dots all around her left eye to her temple they kinda look like blood spots. wht could it be ?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Need more info: Need more information. How long have they been there? Do they itch? If recent onset, they could be bug bites, or a reaction to something she came in contact with, called a contact dermatitis. If they have been there since birth, several types of birthmarks can have this appearance. If it persists, have a dermatologist look at it and give you a precise diagnosis.

Answered 10/2/2012

5.7k views

Dr. Faramarz Hidaji answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Surgery

Possible viral infx: If the red spots are on the eyelid, i would be concerned about an infection with herpes simplex type 1, which is the virus that causes cold sores around the mouth. I would suggest having your pediatrician take a look very soon. If the virus gets in the eye, as evidenced by redness of the white of the eye and eye pain, you should see an ophthalmologist immediately.

Answered 8/30/2012

5.6k views