I had a gout attack 30 hours ago the first time. i am taking ibuprofen and it has improved pain a lot compared to yesterday.shud i take other med too?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jerry Casale answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

If getting better stick with advil (ibuprofen) and drink plenty of water. When it is over get ur uric acid level checked there are meds to keep it low.As a fellow gout sufferer drink water eat cherries or drink tart cherry juice daily take omega 3 or krill oil daily keep in mind foods you ate before ur attack some foods trigger mine check out gout diet but there are changing views on the diet be in touch.

Answered Aug 30, 2012

5.7k views