What is the wash-out time when switching from 30mg parnate (tranylcypromine) to 45mg nardil?

Dr. Robert Rosenfeld
Why the switch?: It is tricky to switch meds simultaneously; withdrawal effects of one drug are difficult to separate from side effects of the newly introduced drug, let alone differences in dosages. I would suggest a slow tapering of the parnate, (tranylcypromine) get a baseline read of mood as the dosage is tapered and then introduce and titrate the new medication; it's slow but safe.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. CAMHUONG NGUYEN
Pharmacology 22 years experience
Parnate (tranylcypromine) to Nardil: Parnate (tranylcypromine) and Nardil are monoamine oxidase inhitior( moa inhibitor) at least need 2 weeks wash-out time when switching from Parnate (tranylcypromine) to Nardil to allow the clearance of Parnate (tranylcypromine) before the initiation of Nardil