Can you tell me if nardil stops working does that mean parnate (tranylcypromine) won't work for you?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
It is worth a try: These drugs are similar but not identical. The most important thing to remember about making the switch from one monoamine oxidase inhibitor to another is that you must wait at least two weeks from the time of completely stopping one until the time you start the next one for you have an extremely high risk of serotonin syndrome. I have personally seen a case like this before it was even known to occur. Six months later the cause was reported in a three case series from harvard. It is an important point that is not brought out much in the psychopharmacological literature because we don't use monoamine oxidase inhibitors as much as we used to.Best wishes and have a speedy recovery.