Is it normal for mederma scar gel to dry up and flake off of my face after i apply it?

Dr. Barry Handler
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Yes: You can just apply it thinner and rub it in a little better. Or, you can switch to something that works better, like scarguard.
Dr. Steven Harris
Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
Yes: Yes, that is why i recommend massage with cocoa butter, instead. It has been shown to be equally effective.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
No magic 2 Mederma: There is no magic to mederma. Most of my patients find it highly inconvenient to apply this cream 4 times a day as suggested. Silicone gels have better data verifying their effectiveness. The active ingredient in Mederma is allium cepa (onion bulb extract).